TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RESPITEBOOKINGS.COM.AU
- Description and Scope of Service
Through our website, we (respitebookings.com.au and its affiliate aged care facilities) provide an online platform which allows you to easily navigate and find available respite accommodation. By making a reservation for a respite accommodation with any of our affiliates you are entering into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with the accommodation provider at which you book. From the point at which you make your reservation, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the provider, transmitting the details of your reservation to the relevant accommodation provider and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the accommodation provider.
- User Conduct and Conditions of Use
- You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may make you subject to civil and criminal liability
- If you are an international user, you agree to comply with all laws of Australia regarding online conduct.
- You acknowledge that the Site is for personal use only and you agree that you will not use the Site for any commercial purposes.
- You may not in any manner make commercial or other unauthorised use, by publication, retransmission, distribution, performance, caching, or otherwise, of material obtained through the Site, except as permitted by law or as expressly permitted in writing by these Terms or by us.
- You agree not to disrupt, modify or interfere with the Site or its associated software, hardware and/or servers in any way. You agree not to interfere with others’ use of the Site. You further agree not to alter or tamper with any information or materials on or connected with the Site. Other than connecting to the Site, you may not attempt to gain access in any way to our servers.
- You must not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any information or material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. You also must not harass, threaten, impersonate, defame, or intimidate other users of the Site.
- You must not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, “affiliate links”, or any other form of solicitation. You also must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
For the convenience of our users, the Site contains several links to other websites operated by third parties. You acknowledge that we do not review and do not endorse the content of any websites linked from the Site and we are not responsible for the content or actions of any other websites linked to the Site. Your use of any service or website is at your sole risk and will be subject to the terms and conditions of those sites.
- Information and materials posted by other users
You agree that we are not responsible, and have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by other users of the Site, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, even material that violates the Terms.
- Reviews and feedback
We welcome and encourage all users to provide: feedback, reviews and suggestions on our websites and the accommodation that you have used. You acknowledge that all Feedback, reviews and information that you provide will be the sole and exclusive property of Respite Bookings and agree to irrevocably assign to Respite Bookings all of your right, title and interest in and to all information provided, and waive any moral rights you may have in such information.
- Copyright Policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask that you do the same.
Respitebookings.com.au contains copyright material, trademarks and other information that is proprietary information. You acknowledge for example our logo and name are trademarks licensed by Respite Bookings and that you may not use these trademarks without written permission from us.
Whilst using the website and posting reviews you are not to upload any material which is copyrighted unless you have received formal written authority to use such materials.
You accept our policy and our right to block access to and remove material that we believe to be infringing on work.
You agree that we may, in our discretion and without liability to you, with or without cause or notice at any time, decide to suspend, deactivate or terminate your access to our Site. Without limiting our rights under these Terms, we are authorised to terminate where you have: breached the Terms of the Site; where a law enforcement authority has requested; where we suspect you have used the Site for unauthorised, fraudulent or illegal purposes; and for any other reason we choose.
- Limitation of Liability
You use our Site at your sole risk. The Content and services supplied through the Site are supplied to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the extent permitted by law, we expressly disclaim all warranties and conditions of any kind regarding the Content and services suppled in connection with the Site whether express or implied unless expressly stipulated in our Terms.
We do not warrant that the Content is accurate or reliable. Nor do we warrant that any of the prices and information available regarding any particular accommodation is correct or up to date. In no circumstances are we liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damages arising in connection to your use of the Site.
We rely on you to use the Site responsibility and to observe the Terms. If we suffer any damages, losses or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with (a) your access to or use of the Site; (b) your member content; (c) booking of accommodation’ and (d) the use or rental of an Accommodation by you. Including but not limited to losses or damages arising in connection with your booking, then you agree to indemnify us for the losses, to the full extent permitted by law, for damage and costs.
- Governing Law
The terms are governed by the Laws of Victoria, Australia. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia.